10 GOOD REASONS TO BUY ODLO - WE CARE. WE ACT. WE SHARE!
- Born in Norway and engineered in Switzerland, Odlo is a company with a long family tradition and high quality standards.
- Odlo products have a very long durability and are used several years.
- Odlo is a member (with Leader status) of the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF), an independent non-profit-organization with the goal to continuously improve working conditions.
- Odlo producers are regularly audited by FWF (social audits).
- Every Odlo producer has signed the Odlo Code of Conduct.
- Odlo has long term partnerships with its producers.
- Odlo produces 73% of its products in Europe, most of it in its own factories in Portugal and Romania.
- Odlo Sports Underwear is certified with “STANDARD 100 BY OEKOTEX®”.
- Odlo is a member of Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC). The HIGG Index, the group’s sustainability measurement tool, is used to drive environmental responsibility across Odlo’s supply chain.
- Odlo shares its sustainable actions with the public and publishes a sustainability report annually.
The best way to reduce the environmental impact of the products we buy and use it to choose clothing that is durable and take care of it while we still use and wear it. Each washing of clothes consumes water and energy and therefore 20% of the environmental impact within a products life are caused by the laundry we do at home. Following the proper washing instructions significantly extends the life of your clothing and decreases its environmental impact. All products are labelled with their material composition and care instructions.This helps our customers to care for their products properly and prolong their active use! An important part of a textile product's total environmental impact is related to how long the product can be used before it is worn out. Odlo only manufactures and sells products that are guaranteed to be durable and long-lasting. We believe this makes an important contribution to promoting sustainability in our society. A number of different management systems and measures have been put in place to ensure we continue to provide our customers with this guarantee in the years to come.
- Employment is freely chosen
- There is no discrimination in employment
- No exploitation of child labor
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Payment of a living wage
- No excessive working hours
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Legally binding employment relationship
PRINCIPLE 1: OWN PRODUCTIONWhenever possible in terms of capacity and know-how, new garments or additional production volumes are manufactured by our own factories in Portugal and Romania.
PRINCIPLE 2: LONG-TERM PARTNERSHIPSMany other brands use hundreds of different manufacturers, encouraging them to compete with each other and changing them every season. Odlo aims for longterm partnership with a small number of manufacturer and prefers to follow its motto of “less is more”. This policy enables the manufacturers to plan for the long term, which increases their stability and job security.